The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Today's Lunch: Rickshaw Dumplings

I'm in a funk today. One guess as to why. It caused me to be indecisive about lunch. I put it off until about 2:30 or so. But I also still have a cold, which means very few things seem appetizing to me at this point. I left the office and just started walking north on 5th Avenue. I figured inspiration would strike me at some point, and I would go no further north than Koreatown. I dialed up the CLC on the mobile to get some suggestions for her and she pulled through! She's been full of great suggestions of late.

This is how I wound up at Rickshaw Dumplings. I went with the basic pork and chive dumplings in a clear soup with Shanghai dumplings. The dumplings were good - you can get six or nine, I went with the former. They are plump, I mean packed to the gills with filling. I wish there was more broth and more chinese greens, too. The noodles left something to be desired, however, as I found them a little too doughy and mushy. I will however be back - maybe just sticking to dumplings straight up and pan seared, and definitely to get the watermelonade and chocolate black sesame mochi balls. Or maybe I will get them pan seared in the broth for some texture variations.

Hey, two people just walked by my office and told me it smells like fart! I am really sensitive about people thinking that my food smells. It goes back to when I was in elementary school and would occasionally bring Korean for lunch and people would scream bloody murder! Even recently, I remember having bibimbop at this one job I had about 10 years ago and people freaked out! Including you, Heidi!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

I love how people think it's ok to say things like "EW, what are you eating?" JERKS.

October 22, 2006 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home