The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Last Night's Dinner: Blue Ribbon Sushi

The following bad things happened to me yesterday. First I learned I needed another root canal and my dentist yelled at me (but in a caring, funny, Eastern European sort of way so I didn't mind that much). Then my cute little orange umbrella I purchased earlier this year at UNIQLO broke! The piece de resistence? My laptop at work totally got busted. I installed the latest iTunes and QuickTime updates and it wouldn't restart! Why does every Mac I touch go haywire? And I hate PCs so I refuse to switch.

So I called up the Listmaker to tell him about my crappy day and he suggested we go to Blue Ribbon Sushi for dinner, but we had to not go overboard because I had just eaten at Al Di La the night before (see BrooklyVegan) and spent some money.

We both started off with the miso soup, which I love at BRS because the miso paste comes on the side and you can add to your own taste. For dinner we went with a maki combo of tuna, california roll and mackerel supplemented with a negi hama roll (yellowtail with scallion) as well as some nigiri a la carte (2 pieces of broiled fresh water eel, 2 pieces of regular eel, 1 piece of spanish mackerel, 1 piece of smoked yellowtail). Green tea and a large bottle of Asashi was shared to wash things down.

For dessert, someone at the table who is not me really wanted to get the chocolate bruno with green tea ice cream, but I started getting some stomach pains and we instead skipped dessert and just went home. The stomach pains were not a result of the food not being good, I think I just ate too quickly. Big surprise!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

You should go to this dentist. He's a real cutie pie, which might soften the blow of having to get another root canal. I think some of the McNally Robinson folks go to him, so he must be skilled as well.

September 15, 2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

no way! i'd be too embarassed of my cavities.

September 15, 2006 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sujan! I'm so sorry to hear about your shit day. I don't know if you read the awful september VIRGO HOROSCOPE BIBLE i sentcha last week, but according to that we are up shit creek without a paddle till the new moon on Friday. I myself have had a huge heaping plate of bad days lately and I spill damn near everything. But never fear, three more days and you're going to enter your GOLDEN AGE. In the meantime, I recommend you organize your closet and focus on things that can't turn on you, like your pet or Project Runway. xo, Kristy

September 19, 2006 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home