The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Everything I Ate Since I've Been MIA

For some reason, Brooklyn me is rarely in close proximity to a computer. Anyway, I know I'm super behind on this thing, so here's a quick summary of the past week:

Tuesday - Delicious fish and chips and a Heineken Premium Light from the Fulton Seafood stand at the US Open. Both way tastier than I ever expected. We ended up getting rained out, but at least we had time for lunch.

Wednesday - Overly saucey Buffalo wings and waffle fries from the Franks/Fries stand at the US Open. I was seriously disappointed by the wings. The prior day, I spied a Polo-clad ball boy carrying a tray of crispy brown wings with what looked like sauce on the side. When ordering my own wings, I got flustered when asked 'crispy' or 'hot'? Well, naturally I wanted BOTH, so I asked if I could have 'crispy', but with my sauce on the side. The woman said that they did not have sauce on the side, which I knew wasn't true, but didn't feel like making a fuss, so I ordered 'hot'. The spice factor was ok, but those wings were just too saucey! Seeing hottie pants Federer and Blake really cushioned the blow though. Oh, and seeing Rafa lose was really awesome. I hate that kid - nice guns though.

Thursday - Lunch at the Outpost (Fulton and Downing, Clinton Hill, but like, shamelessly flirting with BedSty) with Heather. I had tasty salmon cakes on a bed of mixed greens. For dinner, Nate, Heather, Mike and I made pan-seared skirt steak with roasted red bliss potatoes and corn on the cob. DELICIOUS. Of course.

Friday - Youthlarge's 30th birthday dinner at Lil' Frankie's. I believe she will be writing it up.

Saturday - Leftover skirt steak and two scrambled eggs for brekkie. Oh, alright, I cooked up three pieces of bacon too. Delicious Korean BBQ with the Hong clan for dinner. Youthlarge will be writing about this as well. (Youthie L - I can do one or both of these posts if you want.)

Sunday - Brunch at Loreley (Rivington between Christie and Bowery, NYC) with Mike, Ted, Antonia, Sus and Donovino. Per usual, I had the Jaeger Schnitzel with pommes frites and salad and a half liter of Franziskaner Hefeweizen . I've said it before and I'll say it again, the fries at this place are divine. Perfectly crispy and served with yummy mayo!

Monday - For lunch I picked up a rotisserie chicken from the Met (Miguel behind the counter was hoping we could make it romantical and eat it together!) and Heather cooked up some Annie's mac and cheese. She also made a nice salad of romaine, carrots, scallions and fresh basil. Oh, grape tomatoes too. For dinner, Mike and I decided to check out Beast (Vanderbilt and Bergen, I dunno, Prospect Heights?). For the most part, this tapas place was pretty tasty. My favorites were the Blue Point Lager braised short ribs and the sea scallops served on a bed of sweet potato puree (I think) with fried fennel. Naturally, being the meat and potatoes kind of girl that I am, I loved the Spanish tortilla. We also shared some grilled portabellos and a salmon ceviche. Both were just so-so. To drink, we had a mediocre rose from Provence and bid Summer adieu. Afterward, we went to Soda (Vanderbilt and St. Mark's) for a couple of beers. En route, we ran into Jim Flood and he joined us at the bar. SWEET!

OK. I think I'm sufficiently caught up now.

2 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

youthie l is really funny. makes me think of ruthie from seventh heaven. is outpost the same as havana outpost in fort greene? i didn't know they had more than 1 outpost!

i think you should write-up little frankie's and i'll do the korean food, cause maybe some of it you might not remember what it is called?

September 12, 2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Ikay. I'll write up the Lil' F dinner. I think I may have sent a borderline flirty email to hot Matt! What if it made him feel weird and now we are banned from Lil' F?

September 13, 2006 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home