The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Today's Lunch

Walker's (Varick and North Moore) with Nate.

Feeling super gross about my living situation, so Nate suggested we get lunch to help cheer me up and/or vent. I've mentioned this before, but seriously, Walker's is one of my favorite places in New York City. It has a gorgeous oak bar and feels really warm and old timey. Plus, they've been churning out solid, reasonably priced fare for years, despite the neighborhood's obvious paradigm shift. They also happen to make one of the best burgers in the City, arguably rivaled only by the burger at Corner Bistro. Suddenly, I'm wondering what "Gettin' Hungry's" opinion is on this matter. Hmmm. Anyway, Nate and I both got burgers, medium rare, with cheddar and bacon. Instead of fries on the side, we got mashies. Yum. I noticed that he got two pickles and I got none, but I didn't mind. Thanks for lunch Nate!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home