The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Today's Lunch: Eisenberg's

Voxtrot's "Raised by Wolves" is playing on the iTunes as I'm eating my lunch right now. It is a perfect eating at your desk song. I'm totally stressed out but I'm also totally happy right now. My ears are delighted and so is my stomach. I'm making my way through a chicken salad sandwich with bacon on toasted white, a side of french fries and an egg cream. The fries at first glance don't look too appetizing because they look overcooked. But beneath the golden brown outer layer of potato is a creamy and warm inner tuber layer. The edges are crisped to perfection. I also got 3 full sour dill halves with my sandwich and I am savoring them. I'm 1 2/3 of the way through the pickle supply with 1/4th of the sandwich and many many fries still left. A bunch of my coworkers have been helping me with the fries and there's still too many.

God bless this feast!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have a co-worker who would eat my fries *ahem Listo*


Why the stress Youthlarge?

I'm going to add this blog to my sidebar. I didnt do it before because I didnt think I would be reading a blog about food but you and your friend make it very interesting

bon apetit

August 17, 2006 4:38 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

SWN: I hate dumb lunches. Sometimes out of sheer laziness or actual inability to hit the hunger nail on the head, I have dumb lunches and hate myself for it. However, my face is totally a grease pool right now!

MD: Just super busy at work. A bunch of people are out on vacation. Thanks for adding us! Also, my husband can not be trusted around french fries. He also is the type of person to eat like 7 at once, while I like to eat one at a time. I feel like I have to eat really fast sometimes just so I get my fair share.

August 17, 2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

When we order fries at Bonnie's, because I am the one who eats 7 at a time smothered in chipotle mayo, we always order another small side of them. Sometimes we miss the easy solutions, YL.

x
S

August 17, 2006 5:34 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

I like to eat about four at a time. I could go for some crispy deliciousness RIGHT NOW.

August 18, 2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

yesterday's lunch gave me the absolute worst case of gas i have ever had. it was also a retarded case, starting about 5 hours after the fact!

August 18, 2006 5:00 PM  
Blogger Listmaker said...

i can't wait to get to tokyo on wed so i can get some mcdonald's fries!

August 19, 2006 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home