The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Friday, August 11, 2006

This Morning's Brekkie

I woke up pretty early this morning because they are doing construction in my apartment. I was feeling pretty ravenous, but was not in the mood for whitey food. Then I realized that I could get some dim sum to go! So I strolled over to Chatham Restaurant (Chatham Square, C-Town) and picked up one order of steamed shrimp dumplings and one order of 'bean curd', which is in fact savory pork wrapped in bean curd skin. DELICIOUS. In my opinion, this is the best, if not the only way to eat bean curd. Unfortunately, dim sum often makes my stomach feel funny, so I may regret my breakfast decision later. But for now, I couldn't be more pleased!

4 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

i love bean curd skin, we had it (yuba) a couple times in japan but not in kyoto where it's king. it's one of my favorite textures. the food section of the new york times magazine had a piece about it a couple weeks ago.

August 11, 2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Yeah, seriously great texture, especially when contrasted with either meaty or seafoody goodness, preferably both.

August 11, 2006 3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazy cravings? In the morning? hmmm

August 15, 2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Hi Ms. Dee. Well, since I am unwed, I couldn't possibly be with child, now could I? Also, dim sum is traditionally served in the morning and early afternoon, so it is technically breakfast and not a strange craving at all. Thanks for asking though.

August 16, 2006 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home