The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Last Night's Dinner

So, last night was the big IYWMB doubleheader against Jonny Cakes and Boccelism. Since I was at Floyd and had not yet eaten, naturally I got some takeaway from the Chip Shop next door. Youthlarge and I both decided on the kids size chicken fingers and chips. Per usual, the chicken fingers were really tasty, but man, they totally worked me!

By the time I got back to Chinatown: the Apartment, my stomach was feeling seriously funny. I was planning on just chilling out, drinking lots of water and re-watching Syriana. But then I got a call from Newell, who was at his apartment around the corner hanging out with none other than BIG ELI (Scarecrow, I think I'll miss you most of all), just in from Cairo for Nate and Heather's wedding this Saturday. SWEET! So they came over to have some rum and tonics. Anyway, Big Eli started talking about Buzkashi, which is sort of like polo, but instead of hitting a ball around the field, you gallop about trying to plunge your hand into the stomach cavity of a dead, decapitated and de-hooved GOAT. So gross. Apparently, they play this in all of the 'stan' countries. Then, as if that weren't making me nauseas enough, Betten and Newell started talking about CARBONATED SOUR MILK. WTF? Between all of this talk of what's grosser than gross AND my Chip Shop attack, I totally had to excuse myself from the room to go b-a-r-f. EW.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

You totally peer pressured me into getting Chip Shop. I should have stuck with my gut and gone with Waterfalls. I was totally nauseous this morning. Still am. Haven't barfed though.

August 08, 2006 12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carbonated, fermented sour horse's milk, that is. It's alcoholic. Think of it as a tallboy of Mare 45.

August 08, 2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

P-New - Stop grossing me out. Also, you are very corny.

YL - I wish I had stuck with your gut too. I was just afraid Waterfalls would be too messy to eat in case we had to play bocce again. A mistake I won't be making again soon.

August 08, 2006 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home