The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Last Night's Dinner: Grimaldi's

Before I continue with my seemingly never-ending Asia reports, I just wanted to say that last night's dinner post-bocce tournament with my teammates and friends at Grimaldi's was a great way to end the very long day. I was the pig of the table, consuming a half slice more than Slice and Balgavy. Even after 4.5 slices I could have eaten more and we were debating ordering another pie. My more reasonable half enticed the crowd into ganging up on me and reminding me of my less than iron stomach helped me realize I probably had enough. I had 2 slices with pepperoni and garlic, one with sausage, one with just pepperoni and half a cheeseless slice with pepperoni, mushrooms and sausage. All washed down with a rootbeer, which is my beverage of choice at Grimaldi's, only I wish they stocked Boylan's instead of Olde Brooklyn, which doesn't have the depth of Boylan's and always tastes a little too syrupy and flat to me. At the table I said that Grimaldi's was one of my five favorite things to eat of all time. I have to come up with a list of the other four.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

i think it's funny that i pluralized mushroom to mushrooms but didn't write pepperonis or sausages. why is that?

p.s. two more to add to my top 5: kimchi fried rice and kimchi stew. perferably made by my moms.

August 28, 2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

I think that Grimaldi's is the best pizza in NYC, hands down. I love all the fresh basil they use. I feel like every year Time Out says that John's of Bleecker Street is the best brick oven pizza in the City, which is just utter insanity.

August 29, 2006 10:06 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

sometimes i like to purposely pluralize to be cheeky. shrimps makes me laugh every time.

August 30, 2006 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home