The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Chez Molly's

My coworker Molly made me a pizza last week! She had a bunch of dough and ingredients leftover from an Oscar party and offered to make me a pie to pick up on the way home from bocce, which we play not too far from her place. We lost to the Sweet Meats again, by the way.

The pie was just out of the oven when DMR and I arrived at her place. Our dejection (well, mine at least) dissipated once I got a look at this glorious, carby bugger. It was still warm by the time we got home.

Here's the bird's eye view aerial shot. The toppings were kalamata olives, sauteed red onions, rounds of zucchini and fresh mozzarella atop the homemade pizza sauce. No mushrooms, however, as she remembered DMR's unreasonable aversion to that vegetable.


A closer, blurry look at the thin crust, which had a dusting of semolina that provided a satisfying nuttiness and crunch.


I really need to get a pizza stone.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Listmaker said...

thanks again molly. it really did take the sting of the bocce loss a little less painful - at least for a few minutes at least.

March 06, 2008 5:19 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

at least!

March 06, 2008 5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an honor. I made the gastronome blog!!

March 07, 2008 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home