The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

the first meal in cannes was...

a delicious ham and gruyere crepe!



I arrived at my hotel at 10am, desperately needing a shower and a nap, but of course the Frenchies wouldn't let me check in until 3pm (actually i wound up not getting to check in until closer to 3:20). With five hours to kill, I walked all around, picked up my badge and then walked around and around some more. At this point I realized I was starving and luckily found a little place called Restaurant Esmeralda (6 Rue Tony Allard).

Had absolutely zero complaints about this place, except for the weird tie-dyed tablecloths that would get accidentally pulled off and in different directions. Loved the haricot verts in my little bit of salad and the steak fries were cooked through (nothing worse than an undercooked steak fry). To drink, I had a glass of the house red which cost less than 4 US dollars. As an extra bonus, the family next to me had a dog eating with them!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger JollyG15 said...

If in Cannes, I highly recommend La Gavroche (sp?) in the old town area. Run by a husband and wife and excellent.

February 06, 2008 6:01 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

Back in Brooklyn, but La Gavroche will be on the agenda for next year. I did wind up in the old town, and Rue St. Antoine specifically, for dinner and drinks a couple times.

February 06, 2008 6:25 PM  
Anonymous Oatmeal Cookie Recipes said...

Grreat post thank you

May 25, 2023 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home