The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

House of Dreams

My friend Nate, the one whose mom makes the tastiest brisket, constructed this glorious dream home over the holidays. I asked him if it was okay to post it, but have not heard back yet. I decided that it was just too beautiful to keep to myself, so here it is:


A friend of mine thinks that the front of the house is made of trotters. I used to think that as well, but upon closer inspection, it occurred to me that it was probably made of the same material as the chimney – sausage (is it weißwurst???). I am fairly certain that the front path is made of sauerkraut, but I am still unsure about the lawn. I have peered and squinted at this photo so many times since it landed in my inbox and the best guess I can come up with is shredded daikon… Despite loving it absolutely, in many ways this house is still a complete mystery to me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel it is my duty to post a reply to this post to set the record straight. Although I do love bacon and sausage and meet as much as any human can, I am not responsible for the construction of this magical house-o-meat. I saw this image posted somewhere in the wilds of the internet and thought that my other meat addicted friends would enjoy gazing at it's porky goodness. If I could remember where I found the picture I would post a link, but alas, I cannot. Glad you have all been enjoying it though.

January 30, 2008 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aha! Found it. here it is complete with ingredients.

January 30, 2008 9:17 AM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Thanks for the link - I love it. The finished house looks amazing! Apparently, the lawn is made of mincemeat with green food coloring, but up close it looks a lot like creamed spinach, which would be delicious.

When you sent it to me, I just assumed you guys made it since H is so crafty and good at stuff like that!

January 30, 2008 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home