The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Hodgepodge at Tom's

Brunch at Tom's on Washington Avenue. Dan and I started with egg sandwiches - mine with bacon, his with beef salami. He didn't quite like his, so we switched. I love bacon but I also love salami and eggs.


We also did a short stack of chocolate chip pancakes, a side of fries and a lemonade to share. Tom's had a couple butters that were new to us, including a peach walnut.


When we were first seated, I noticed the four-top next to us kind of gave us a look when we sat down. It wasn't until they were getting up to leave that I noticed the two ladies were Asian and the two guys, white! We were seated in Yellow Fever alley!

I wanted to punch the group that was seated after they. They seemed fresh out of college, led by a guy who was the only one who had eaten here before. His way of puffing out his chest was to call out Tom's for posting a Best Breakfast award from way back in 2005. Who cares if they got that award in 1975? What exactly is your problem, Mr. Did-You-Really-Come-to-Tom's-as-a-Group-of-8-and-Expect-To-Be-Seated-Together? We overheard some other really dumb things, which I can't remember right now but maybe DMR can chime in. Oh wait, now I remember one of the other gripes he had. He and some of his other friends who weren't present at the table didn't like how Gus and the rest of the Tom's crew were so friendly and liked to pat patrons on the back. WTF?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger planbreaker said...

You're reminding me that we need to have brunch some time.

December 10, 2007 8:18 PM  
Blogger Listmaker said...

your comment that they belonged in murray hill was perfect.

December 11, 2007 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home