The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

This Morning's Brunch + Fresh Direct

We were planning to go out for brunch this morning but I wanted to clear out some of the contents of the fridge. I made a frittata using four medium eggs (which were tiny!), cooked spaghetti and cheddar cheese. Then I broiled up the remaining slices of Flying Pigs Farm bacon that Mary had given us as a housewarming present months ago. Bacon holds up really well in the freezer. I dressed up some leftover romaine with Frankie's olive oil and aged balsamic to serve o the side. Rounding out the meal was some toast with small amounts of butter and raspberry jam. I used slices of white bread from Parisienne, a Japanese chain whose products Cafe Zaiya by my work carries. The bread is soft and squishy and I'm a sucker for it. I also grabbed one of the last oranges left from a Fresh Direct order earlier in the week but when I went to slice it, I discovered it was rotten! I've had some bad Fresh Direct orders with bunk produce and missing items, but this one really took the cake. First they were late, then I found mold on some of the fingerling potatoes and worst of all rotten fruit. I have never seen a rotten orange before in my life. Nasty.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Listmaker said...

fresh direct is dumb.

i loved your frittata and i don't even like frittatas.

November 18, 2007 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home