The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Frittata at Frankies 457

I've wanted to try the brunch at Frankies 457 in Cobble Hill for a while now. Of course DMR and I decide to trek out there on a super rainy day. The brunch menu turned out to be a lot smaller than I expected. There were two choices of frittata, a BLT and french toast in addition to the sandwiches and crostini available on the regular lunch menu. I went with the proscuitto and onion frittata and Dan the french toast. We were planning on sharing half and half, but once Dan saw the frittata, he remembered he didn't like room temperature eggs.



The frittata was overall tasty, but the proscuitto was cut into bigger chunks than I anticipated and had a strong gamey taste that I wasn't a fan of. The french toast was amazing. The sugar in the batter melted to form a delicious caramelized crust on the bread.

The addition of a few hunks of bread and a small dish of their house olive oil which I love, rounded out my meal. Coffee isn't included so we wound up spending $4.50 on three Americanos and another $3 on a little bottle of seltzer.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Listmaker said...

best french toast i've had in years.

November 09, 2007 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home