The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Today's Breakfast: Frittata at home

My stomach felt really empty after coming home from yesterday's debacle at Shea. I left during the 5th or 6th inning, but really I should have left in the 1st because I knew there would be no way this listless team was going to mount even a notion of a comeback. I was hungry, but nothing sounded good. So I made a frittata. I whipped up a couple eggs with milk and shredded cheddar and dumped in a handful of cooked spaghetti left over from Saturday's dinner. The mixture went into a greased pan and after letting it brown on one side, I executed a perfect flip (which is a rarity for me) to cook the other side. I love crunchy noodles and the frittata reminded me of the great toasted pasta dish they served at Mugsy's Chow Chow on 2nd Avenue (which was possibly my favorite restaurant circa 1997-2000). This morning I woke up hungry and so I reheated the frittata for breakfast. It beat anything any of the stupid generi-delis near my work could put together and overcharge me for.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home