The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Adrienne's Pizza Bar

The dilemma: Where to eat before catching Camera Obscura at South Street Seaport?

The Wall Street area is totally weird. I don't really know any of the streets and always get turned around. Despite all the great bands that have played here, the last time I caught show at the Seaport was back in 1993 or 1994 when saw Meat Puppets and the Grays.

A little Googling leads us to Adrienne's Pizza Bar on Stone Street, which is this beautiful cobblestone street with gorgeous low buildings. Before I turned the corner onto Stone, I could hear a buzzing. The stretch of street was overtaken by some gigantic finance frat party. DMR and I unanimously decided to eat inside. Many of the reviews I had read complained about how slow the service was so we gave ourselves a big cushion. None of the salads sounded too exciting but we opted for the Cinque Fegile, mixed greens with blue cheese and a balsamic vinaigrette. The salad was served in minutes! And then, not too long after, our square old-fashioned with pepperoni arrived!



The pizza disappointed. I liked pillowy foccacia-like crust, but the pepperoni was overwhelmingly salty and I had a difficult time getting my water glass refilled. As we made our way towards the middle of the pie, each piece got wetter and soggier. The middle of the pie turned into a such gloppy mess that when you picked up a square, the cheese would slide off.

For dessert, we shared a perfectly respectable tiramisu. DMR also ordered a coffee, but as our plate was set in front of us we learned a whole new pot needed to be brewed. It was an interminable wait.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Listmaker said...

this place sucks.

September 02, 2007 4:10 PM  
Blogger akuban said...

I liked the pizza the couple times I've been, but yeah, the service could stand some work. Just heard from a source, too, that he had bad service over the weekend, too.

September 04, 2007 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home