The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Getting stuffed at Scandanavia House

I'm stuffed! I just returned from lunch with the CLC at the Scandanavia
House
, which is a stone's throw from my work! Turns out Aquavit runs a small cafe here and I would have never discovered the delights of this place had it not been for my boss who hipped me to it last week.

We both ordered the exact same meal, a pear Kristall drink and the Smorgasbord platter, which was 3 types or herring, 2 types of salmon, a single Swedish meatball bathed in gravy and lingonberry sauce, a wedge of Jarlsberg, a lone potato and some shrimp salad in dill sauce. In the center of the plate was some mustard with a bulls-eye of espresso. A piece of dark sourdough-esque bread and also a flat crisp bread accompanied.

Overall there was probably a little too much herring on my plate (mustard sauce, cream sauce and I'm not positive about this one, but possibly a tangy curry sauce), but this was a great delight! I love having a variety of foods to eat and making different combinations. My favorite combo was the classic shrimp salad on crisp bread, but I also liked swishing my potato in the lingonberries. The mustard worked really well with the gravlax. Now I am stuffed and really like a big time porker!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I went there a couple times when I worked at Spin... I think I had some sort of Swedish lasagna which sounds weird but was delicious. Dang, that was a long time ago.

September 13, 2007 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home