The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Noo Na First Taste

I've been avoiding NooNa. The review were not the best when it first opened about a year and a half ago and so we've stayed away. Plus we've got a Korean place Sushi Okdol down the street that does the job for the most part. But my last meal there was really disappointing and sometimes a girl just needs her kimchi, so NooNa got the delivery call.

I ordered the duk mandoo guk - a really homey soup of beef dumplings and rice cake slices. Did I mention I was suffering from the worst cold ever that last like three weeks?

The dumplings were obviously homemade, which was nice to see since so many places rely on frozen product. There were three rather large, plump mandoos and a nice portion of duk. However, the meat filling in the dumplings was way too sweet. This is apparently a trend here. Also, I like to toss kimchi pieces into the soup to slightly cook them and also spice up the broth since this is one of the tamer Korean dishes you'll find. Very bummed to find no banchan included with the delivery order. Come on guys, throw me a plastic container of the stuff!

Dan got a mini hamburger topped with kimchi and some kimchi fried rice.


I had a bite of the burger and the meat once again was overly sweet. The bits of bulgogi that dotted the kimchi friend rice suffered from the same mis-seasoning. Otherwise it was a pleasant meal that pretty much it the spot. I doubt we'll be doing delivery from here again any time soon since the bill came out to be about double what we normally spend.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dahl said...

I haven't had those dishes yet, but the other stuff I've had is good, though it could be a bit cheaper. I've only eaten in at the restaurant though, and it seems like most of their stuff would translate better that way.

November 20, 2007 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go to mc donald for bit cheaper

February 19, 2008 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home