The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Local To Eat List

Marlow and Sons (Williamsburg) - Oysters are $1.25 at designated hours. A dozen or so of those briney wonders plus a couple Moscow Mules sounds like a perfect evening to me.

The Good Fork (Red Hook) - Steak and eggs and kimchi fried rice all on one plate? Must try. Why haven't I already?

Palo Santo (Park Slope)- Ok, not that I know much about running a restaurant, but a sign could really help, especially when you've just opened and are tucked into the ground floor of a brownstone. The place looked wonderfully homey and the staff was super friendly when I peeked in to grab a menu.

Noona (Prospect Heights) - The area finally gets a Korean restaurant and I couldn't be more excited. I hope they'll deliver to Park Slope.

Biscuit (Park Slope) - The early verdict from my bbq-lovin' friends is thumbs down (with the exception of the mac and cheese). I thought the original Biscuit was good, not great. I'm willing to give these guys a try despite their unfortunate tagline of "Authentic Brooklyn BBQ." What does that even mean? The place has been packed to the gills the 4 or 5 times I've walked by since its opening.

4 Comments:

Blogger Listmaker said...

we can only hope biscuit is at least better than night and day.

November 09, 2006 5:49 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Authentic Brooklyn BBQ? Yeah, what on earth DOES that EVEN mean? Maybe I should move back to NJ and start marketing authentic Montclair Lebanese food. Wha?

I can't wait to go to Marlow and Sons!

November 14, 2006 7:27 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

OK, I promised I'd send my review of Palo Santo. Cortney and I ducked in for brunch last weekend and it was quite lovely. Fresh squeezed tangerine juice and yummy pumpkin bread...the pupusas were on the small side, but I was full from their richness. The side of bacon was something PSG would be pleased with, generous portions for 3 bones. Everything was reasonably priced. I'd heard bad things about their coffee, but it reminded me of the strong Colombian coffee brewed in my house growing up. I bet if they gave you the option of having sweet condensed milk in it, it would be heavenly. I will go back for dinner very soon.

November 20, 2006 3:37 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

PS: Biscuit = Suck it. Totally not worth the time. I didn't get suckered in by Night & Day and sadly DID get suckered in by Biscuit. The service sucked, the collared greens were WAY too vinegary, pulled pork was dry and tough and only edible after soaking them in sauce, mac & cheese was edible but after eating Dumont's last Sunday, it's not even worth mentioning. This is so not that hard to get right, BBQ. I'm hoping Bar-B-Q fares better because I'm on a roll and taking in all the new restaurants in Brooklyn this fall.

November 20, 2006 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home