The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Lots of Excuses

Well, I temped all week and had plans every night, so no time to write. I've actually been house sitting for Nate and Heather since Saturday, where I do in fact have access to the interwebs, but like I just said, no time. I tried to write something last night, but then I had some weird network connection problems. Anyway, now I'm at Youthlarge's and finally documenting some of my eating from the last week.

So I temped last week on Madison between 35th and 36th, just up the road from my old job. Suffice it to say, there were lots of old favorites that I would not have minded hitting up, but did not want to run into certain former colleagues, so would not go south of 34th Street. I ended up becoming completely obsessed with Pret a Manger. I ate there three out of the four days I worked last week.

On Tuesday I had two 'slim prets', which are little half sandwiches on tasty, thinly sliced whole wheat bread. I got one with Bell & Evans chicken and bacon and one with salmon. In addition to being super tasty, I like that they use all well reputed organic brands, like the aforementioned B & E and Niman Ranch. On Wednesday I had ANOTHER chicken and bacon slim pret with a small chicken noodle soup. On Thursday I tried to mix it up and not eat Pret, which I regretted, further proving my point that change is both bad and unnecessary (JUST KIDDING - but kind of serious). On Friday, I was happy to find myself back at Pret. I was really in the mood for a Salade Nicoise and figured they would at least have something comparable, which they did. I ended up getting a salad of mixed greens, tuna, capers, tomatoes (which I tossed out), organic hard boiled egg and haricots verts. The only thing missing that I really wanted were quartered new potatoes. Regardless, the salad was delicious. I had it with a nice balsamic vinaigrette.

Maybe soon I will write about the other yummy things I ate this week, like dinner at Lil' Frankie's with Sus, or tonight's dinner at Grimaldi's! Which, by the way, was totally SUB PAR.

2 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

If I were you and temping up there, I would go to Oms/b every day. However, I love rice while you hate it, so it just wouldn't work out.

P.S. Capers are such a great underutilized touch.

October 29, 2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

I hate rice.

But I LOVE capers.

October 31, 2006 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home