The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Yesterday's Lunch

I had really bad allergies yesterday so I stayed home from work. For lunch, I ordered from Everest (Chatham Square, C-Town, NYC), the local diner. I couldn't decide if I was in breakfast mode and wanted eggs, or wanted to go straight to lunch and order the fried chicken platter. I ended up making a game time decision and going with the Twin Souvlaki Platter (two pork souvlaki skewers, served on a bed of french fries, Greek salad and a warm flat pita). I decided to go for this because I wanted to eat 'healthy'. I figured the heap of french fries I devoured would be balanced out by the goodness of the greens in the Greek salad. Unfortunately, my plan to be healthy never really got off the ground. I kept making myself little sandwiches with bits of pita wrapped around pieces of pork and feta and blowing off the non-feta components of the Greek salad entirely. After I finished all of the yummy parts of the salad (feta and the occasional red onion, which really aggravates my acid reflux by the way), I wrapped up the leftovers and put them in the refrigerator to save for later. It's funny how people can't just be honest with themselves. I'm NEVER going to eat that salad.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

doesn't pita count as bread and you hate bread!

May 05, 2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

I like hot bread!

May 05, 2006 12:40 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

dude, hot bread, esp. hot pita is one of life's most glorious delights. btw, i know people are reading, but how come you and i are the only ones commenting? doesn't anyone care? comments are like crack! i mean oxygen.

May 05, 2006 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home