The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Last Night's Dinner (sorry so late!)

Last evening, three dear friends descended upon us New Yorkers, so we went for a gigantic feast at Great Neck (Bowery and Bayard, C-Town, NYC). Unfortunately, one of the friends, Klara, got a migraine on her flight from Cairo, so she missed last night's deliciousness, but she'll make up for that at dinner tonight!

People in attendance: Kieran (Ted's friend from CT), Brendan (Ted's other friend from CT), Ted (just back from living on a boat in the Bahamas for the last few months - lucky bastard.), Nate, Big Eli (just back from Cairo, husband of migraine ridden Klara), Sus, Newell and me, the CLC.

What we ate:

2 orders of duck rolls - Succulent pieces of duck, flowering chives and mushrooms rolled up into a crispy spring roll. Very close to fried perfection.
1 order of Three Jewels - Roast Duck, Roast BBQ Pork and Soy Sauce Chicken. Always delicious.
1 order of Salt Baked Shrimp - Similar to the aformentioned, a Great Neck staple - always delicious.
1 order of Singapore Mai Fun - Yellow curry repeats on me, so I always skip this one. EVERYONE else seems to really love it though.
1 order of Roast Duck Lo Mai Fun - This is the noodle dish I insist upon ordering every time because I cannot eat the Singaopre Mai Fun.
1 order of sauteed baby bok choy - Usually one of my favorites, but last night it seemed over-cooked and frankly, limp.
1 Sandy Pot Casserole w/ Oysters and BBQ Pork - Immense oysters. WHERE do they get them? Positively bursting with flavor. I love this dish and always get it when Ted is in town.
1 order of Chinese Flowering Chives w/ Sea Bass - Eh. I like this dish, but I don't LIKE LIKE it.
A second order of Three Jewels - After devouring the last of the oysters, we decided we were still sort of hungry and needed just a little more deliciousness before heading out.

Drinks wise, most of us had Tsing Tao. Always tasty and refreshing. Afterward, we went back to Chinatown: the Apartment, where we met up with Sudmann (my roommate), Betten and Mike W. Had some Yuenglings. I tasted a Nutty Bar (Sudmann's evil temptress) for the first time. I really liked it's wafery goodness. I should steer clear of Nutty Bars until the end of days. A great night - sharing delicious food with friends I love.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home