The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Bacon-O-Meter

Number of strips: 5.5
Type/brand: Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Center Cuts were the first 4, not sure about the other 1.5
Consistency: all-around great!
Location: our house / Mike and Jim's backyard
Comments: For breakfast I broiled up some bacon in the toaster oven. This is my preferred method of makin' bacon. You do have to keep a close eye on the bacon because once it reaches a certain point, it has a tendency to overcook or burn really quickly. It happened to me once and I wasn't too happy with my crispy bacon but the party goers I made it for still gobbled it all up. The other strip and a half were eaten in Mike's backyard. There was an entire tupperware container full of cooked bacon for use on the burgers. I really love cold bacon! I put one strip on my burger and then later on had another half strip because I kept looking over at the tupperware and had no self-control. Also, Mike's lady Sara(h) made a delicious potato salad with had bacon in it! But because it was pieces and chunks, it doesn't count.

Total count from April 26, 2006: 9.5

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home