The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Today's Lunch

Felt really uninspired after this weekend's deliciousness (MM's BBQ, Korean buffet to celebrate Linda's kwonsa status). Because it's now freezing in the office, I was craving soup, well actually a soup and sandwich combo. Went to the Food Depot and wasn't feeling any of the soup selections so I just wound up getting mongolian bbq. Don't get me wrong, I love the mbbq, but I have to be careful not have it so often that I get bored with it. I got my usual - some udon and lo mein noodles with beef slices, handfuls of celery, button mushrooms, shitake and portobellos, scallions, zuchinni, bok choy, onions and carrots. Condiments wise I like to add a couple shakes of black pepper, a drizzle of sesame oil, a heaping spoonful of garlic and a couple ladles of soy-scaillion sauce. Oh and a little touch of chili oil and chili sauce. I seriously think I wrote nearly the same entry last week. Sigh...

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

wait, i think this might be the first time writing about mbbq. huzzah!

May 01, 2006 2:21 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

I want some mbbq. My lunch was so whatev that I'm not even going to write about it today! I'll just wait and write about dinner. Probably pub food at Slainte. Go Red Wings and Yankees! By the way, our food blog is now being read in Egypt. EXOTIC. Maybe Imhotep will start reading it too.

May 01, 2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

Using fine descriptions like "a couple shakes of black pepper, a drizzle of sesame oil, a heaping spoonful of garlic and a couple ladles of soy-scaillion sauce" will keep today's lunch from becoming repetitive. Imagine if I kept a log of what I ate: Cheerios/Roast Beef/Cheerios/Roast Beef/Cheerios/Roast Beef.

May 01, 2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Youthlarge, are you really going to permit your co-blogger to make comments like "Go Yankees"? I was thinking of taking boxing classes with that person, but now I'm not sure.

May 01, 2006 3:59 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

beth, there is to be no go yankeeing on this blog! ha. i mean it!

May 01, 2006 4:29 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Jim - I know who you're talking about because it's ME. Stop bad mouthing me to Youthlarge. I think we should settle this in the ring.

May 01, 2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Youthlarge - Who is this 'Beth' you speak of and why can't she mention the Yankees? If I were Beth, I would say that it's legitimate to impose a no pro-Yankees policy for actual postings, but I think the 'comments' section is fair game for sports fans of all types. For instance, if someone named Jim wanted to write 'go Red Sox' in the comments section, I bet Beth wouldn't mind at all. She would probably just feel bad for him. Beth seems like she's probably really reasonable.

May 01, 2006 4:42 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

i think it's funny that CLC is talking like she isn't the same person as EAM (that's beth for all you folks out there). you're right, comments section is definitely fair game and i totally fell into jim's trap of starting a fight.

May 01, 2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

That's why they call me the Balltrap.

The mystery woman with 2 identities is right: comments should be fair game for any kind of idiocy, even pro-Yankees sentiments. 7-3...woo hoo!

May 03, 2006 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home