The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Tonight's Dinner

Met up with Youthlarge, Zach Attack 2006, Nate, Heather, Adrienne, Big Eli, Patrick, Vino, Sus, Newell and Klara at the Magician (Rivington and Essex, NYC) for pre-dinner drinks. Had three Brooklyn Pilsners and 2 bites of Youthlarge's leftover scone from City Bakery. Afterward, we headed over to Lobster Night at the Essex sans Youthlarge and Patrick (YL had a work dinner at Freemans (I can't wait to hear all about it) and Patrick rode his bicycle off to where, I'm not sure).

Here's what I ate at Essex (Rivington and Essex, NYC, just across the way from the Magician):

3 Blue Point oysters
6 or so mussels w/ chorizo
Way more than my fair share of calamari served with yummy habanero sauce
1 1/4 lb. steamed lobster w/ roasted potatoes (sprinkled w/ Old Bay seasoning - YUM) and corn on the cob (I didn't want mine, so I gave it to Zach Attack 2006)
1 Stella

Fun, delicious and not too pricey. The bill came out to be $40 a head (there were 10 of us) with a generous tip. Wish I had been sitting closer to Klara though. Feeling tipsy and listening to the Pet Shop Boys right now, so I'm OUTTA here! Good night.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

i think i had 3 pilsners too. i should not have had 3 pilsners.

May 04, 2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

You DEFINITELY had three Brookie Pils. I got mad tipsy off of those things.

May 04, 2006 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so flattered you wanted to sit close to me! Also I've been adding lots of (ok, 3 including this one) comments cuz I know you like them. See if you can find them!

May 07, 2006 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home