The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Limon - San Francisco, CA

After my big lunch, I was hoping for a light dinner. It didn't quite work out that way. We wound up at Limon, a Peruvian restaurant in a modern space in the Mission.


I shared a potato-beet timbale with avocado, fennel, more potato and celery greens. It was the yummiest dish of our meal. My carnivorous colleague and I also shared the ceviche de corvina which was disappointingly tough and rubbery. The chunks of fish were rather large and impossible to cut, forcing you to eat the entire piece at once.


Niman Ranch pork ribs: despite being overly sauced for my personal tastes, I liked my first rib (after scraping off the excessive, sweet barbeque sauce). The second rib was fatty and not enjoyable. By this point, I got weary of the sauce. I don't mind sauce on my ribs, but the meat should be the centerpiece. Also, can we get some wetnaps? These were messy, messy, messy and cloth napkins don't do the trick.


The centerpiece of dinner was the fried red snapper. The flesh was tender and flaky, but the skin didn't quite crisp up and stayed elasticy. The coconut rice that accompanied was probably my favorite part of the dish though.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home