The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Dinner at Yakitori Torys

I'm in San Francisco without the cable to connect my camera to the computer, so here are some photos from a dinner at Yakitori Torys I recently had with the CLC.


Outside signage. Throughout the evening, I was reminded of Gonpachi - the menu, color scheme, etc...


Blistered shishito peppers with a dab of mild Japanese-style kkochujang.


Age-dashi tofu. We were served a cube each of soft and firm. I preferred the soft.


Another shot of the peppers, with a skewer of garlic to the left. The grilling softens up and mellows out the garlic, basically making it even more delicious.


Little stackable dishes of black pepper and salt. I just like anything mini.


Chicken meatballs! I ordered the one on the left, which was mixed with shiso leaf and plum.


Kuro buta negi pon - organic pork with ponzu and scallions, so yummy!

We also ordered a couple skewers of chicken oyster, part of the "chicken limited" menu. Luckily we were dining early in the evening and Torys had not sold out yet. I just noticed that the above pork skewer is listed in the "chicken limited" part too! Beth got an order of "pork gut" which was one of the specials of the day.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home