The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Taylor's Automatic Refresher - San Francisco, CA

San Francisco makes me feel very healthy. Maybe it's the clean, crisp air, or all the hills that make an eastward trek to Prospect Park seem like a cakewalk. So I chose to celebrate this feeling with a HAMBURGER, haha!


The walk from my hotel to Taylor's Automatic Refresher in the Ferry Building was a straight shot, and quick. I debated ordering the ahi tuna burger but settled on a classic bacon cheeseburger: a thinner, California style patty, American cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickles and secret sauce on a toasted egg bun. While I waiting for my order, I sat by the grill and watched the cooks in action from behind the glass. There was a lot going on in a small amount of space.

My burger was tasty, but lukewarm. This temperature issue prevented the cheese from melting into that satisfying ooey, gooey consistency. The hamburger patty oddly broke in half, as well. But the lettuce was crisp, the tomatoes ripe and the little wax paper jacket did help to control the juice and drippings.


To go along with the burger, I ordered some garlic fries, which are tossed in garlic butter & parsley. These were a fantastic shade of green and the camera doesn't do any justice to the neon hue of the fries. They were perfectly crisped and the seasoning was well distributed.


Washing the meal down was a Trumer Pilsner, an Austrian beer that a few years ago opened a brewery outpost in Berkeley. If I could find it on the East Coast, Trumer Pilsner would be what I drink all summer. It was so refreshing.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Listmaker said...

great post. i want that beer. i love the pics.

and your haha in the 1st paragraph makes me laugh out loud.

May 12, 2008 3:37 PM  
Blogger planbreaker said...

I actually did order the ahi tuna burger the last time I ate at Taylor's. Very good but equally as drippy as the burger--in fact, so tasty that it was all over the arm of my raincoat before I even noticed.

May 13, 2008 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home