The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

No writing, but lots of eating.

So much has been consumed since I last wrote. I kept having specific things that I wanted to write about that just never panned out, causing me to just not bother. Like, I’m still waiting for pictures of the amazingly fresh sushi I ate at Sushi Yasuda (Matt – Are you ok? WHERE ARE YOU? How is South Africa? Have you been eaten by a lion? If so, does said lion want to be a guest poster for the PSG & CLC?). I also requested some photographic evidence of the delicious Hoosier tenderloin EZ made for the Super Bowl, but no love! By the way, for the aforementioned event, I made two types of little canapés – both had halved baby Yukon Gold potatoes as the base. For the first, I scooped out the potato, filled it with sautéed sauerkraut and placed a slice of Greenpoint procured kielbasa atop. The second variety had some shredded mozzarella in the little scooped out part with a slice of pork and broccoli rabe sausage on top (sausage was from the butcher at Fairway). I’m an idea person and not that great at actually executing, so while the canapés were pretty tasty, they didn’t look as nice as I initially envisioned.

Anyway, I just wanted to quickly check in. Soon I’ll write about some brunches – two were off the hook (from the same place though) and one used to be an old favorite of mine, but now I’m feeling v. under-whelmed.

Bisous,

CLC

2 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

where were the brunches?

March 04, 2007 11:48 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

The good brunches were at Gen and the whatever brunch was at Superfine. I want to write about dinner at M's as well.

March 06, 2007 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home