The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

New on Fifth: Willie's Dawgs

The tiny storefront across the street from IS 51 that's been promising hot dogs for months has finally opened. I happened to be walking by on the first day of operations at Willie's Dawgs and picked up a couple to sample. They use natural casing Karl Ehmers, which have a nice snap to them. The guys behind the counter hadn't yet found their groove, but the dogs were solid. Willie's offers an afterschool special for the kids but there were no combos for the adults, something I hope will change soon as two dogs cost a little over $8 with tax.

I went with the Heidi - swiss cheese, sauerkraut and mustard on a multi-grain roll.


For DMR, I picked up a Frankie, loaded with bacon and caramelized onions on a challah roll.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Heidi looks fantastic. Also, I just did some research and as it turns out, I have not posted on this blog since 1/24/2007.

March 01, 2007 6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow those look beautiful!

March 02, 2007 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home