The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Last Night's Dinner: The Smoke Joint

Last night was our board approval meeting (just found out a short while ago we got approved, yay!) in Clinton Hill and afterwards we walked in the cold to the Smoke Joint. I had foolishly decided to wear knee socks thinking that both my coat and skirt ran past my knees and by the time we got to the restaurant, I had lost feeling in them.

I've gone with the baby backs the previous two times I've been here and went with them again last night and they did not disappoint. They were the best they've ever been. I got a really nice portion of about 6-7 ribs that I gnawed clean. DMR went with the hacked and stacked beef sandwich and I stole a few nubbins of meat from right under his nose, which he lets me get away with all the time. His sandwich came with some spicy pickles and a small mound of vinegar-based cole slaw, most of which I ate. We also got a side of fries seasoned with their house dry rub and some simmered greens. The greens were completely unecessary due to the generous number of ribs and I couldn't finish them. If I could change one thing, I'd prefer if the greens were chopped into smaller pieces and I'd love it if they offered combo platters. I need a taste of greens or cole slaw, not an entire side.

Incidentially the proprietor of 67 Burger was digging into some barbeque last night, too.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Cress said...

Hi! My buddy Dave referred me to your site(I thought I knew every food blog in the City). Looks great, I'll be checking, in more often. Its good to see blogger's covering the Brooklyn scene, which tends to be neglected.

Congrats on the approval. Doug

March 09, 2007 9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the house!

March 10, 2007 11:02 AM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

I love the hacked pork. Juicy and delicious. I hate the french fries though. I find the bbq seasoning to be over the top. A taste sensation I would prefer to do without.

March 11, 2007 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home