The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Today's Lunch

First of all, safe trip to my partner in deliciousness and her lovely husband.

Per usual, I had a really hard time deciding what to eat for lunch. In the absence of a better idea, I called my local diner and informed them that I would be picking up an omelette with spinach and bacon and a black iced coffee. En route to the diner, I stopped by the post office to mail back a Netflick (Alias: Season 3: Disc 2). During the course of the 3 minute walk from the post office to the diner, I got caught in an absolute downpour sans umbrella. Teddy, the proprietor of my local diner, asked if I would rather eat my omelette there since it was still pouring out. But, I figured since I was already soaked to the skin that I might as well just make a dash for it and eat in the comfort of my own home. The downside was that I ended up getting even MORE soaked, but the upside was that I got to change into dry clothes when I got home, instead of shivering in the overly air conditioned diner as I ate my lunch.

To be honest, I really love getting caught in the rain. It's really cleansing and liberating to just not care about the fact that you are absolutely soaking wet. Just now was the second time it happened to me this week. The first was at Tuesday's Yankee / Mariners game, where I ate my requisite chicken fingers and french fries. I also had two huge sodas, which subsequently gave me a bellyache. The thunderstorm and garbage flying around on the field in the bottom of the 9th was such a great manic release for everyone after such a stiflingly hot day. Made me think of Dinkins era NYC.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home