The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Friday, June 30, 2006

I'm Going to Block Island!

So I won't be able to really write about any of the food I'm eating until I get back on Wednesday. Just quickly though, I want to mention that yesterday was filled with deliciousness and subsequently some serious acid reflux. Let's just say I had pork three times:

Bacon for breakfast from Stir Cafe (Broadway, right across from the Bull)
Pernil for lunch from Sophie's Cuban Cuisine (New Street between Beaver and Exchange)
Crab and Pork Soup Dumplings and Braised Pork Shoulder for dinner at Joe's Shanghai (Pell Street between Bowery and Doyers)

All were delicious, but may be limiting my time on this earth. Pork and cigs will be the death of me!

Besos,

CLC

2 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

just don't go into the water after a triple pork attack.

June 30, 2006 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband is pure Puerto Rican, born on the island and he makes the most fantabulously juicy and delicious pernil, you have to try it to believe it!!

January 08, 2007 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home