The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Today's Lunch: The Shake Shack

Usually right after I recover from having stomach issues, I want to eat something that will probably cause me to have even more problems. Today was no exception and I was having a wicked burger craving. I think these cravings are partially due to the fact that I get it in my head that I've been starving myself for the past 24 hours. Sure, I've been taking it easy on the belly, but I definitely you know, had something to eat for dinner last night. In my mind, I've been suffering for weeks and thus need some sort of greasy bomb to make up for lost time. I also missed out on some bbq last night to compound the self-pitying.

So there I am walking north on Broadway headed to Eisenberg's Sandwich shop. But then I realize it's probably later enough in the day that the line at the Shake Shack can't be too long. It was a worthwhile gamble, because the time of day and the skulking humidity made for a totally manageable line.

I did it up Shake Burger (cheese, l/t, secret shack sauce) and Cheese Fries style. I am normally not the biggest fan of the Shake Shack's fries, but I will admit they hold up very well. I've never gotten them cheesed before and I think I'd rather get a side of hot dog instead. My lunch was probably not the best way to ring in a feeling healthier day but I'm eating very slowly (been working on it for the past 40 minutes and just finished the burger. still have a handful of fries left). I was tempted to geta Chicago dog in homage to Listmaker who is currently in the Windy City. Ok, I'm going to stop eating the fries. I need more self-discipline. I totally blame my parents who taught me to clean my plate. Ok, I just threw away the remaining 8-9 fries that were covered in cheese. I feel very full and hopefully that's all I'll feel.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Listmaker said...

i can't leave you on your own, can i?

June 28, 2006 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Youthlarge,

This is Burger. Hello. I'm looking for a way out here, can you help me? I was following some secret shack sauce, but he lost me, something about where he was going, a secret. I know it's only Thursday, but I'm still here and need directions. Thank you.

Love,
Burger

June 29, 2006 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Youthlarge,

What do you usually order at Eisenberg's? I always get a half tuna/half egg salad sandwich combo, which is damn near perfect. And last time I supplemented the meal with a raspberry-lime rickey! So refreshingly good.

Sincerely,
onefineday

PS This is Carrie, posting with a "blogger" type-name, even though I have no blog.

June 30, 2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

that combo sounds AMAZING! i usually get a tuna melt and always a cherry-lime rickey, not too sweet (which is still sweet, but doesn't make me feel like my teeth are gonna fall out). i didn't even know they made raspberry lime!!!!

June 30, 2006 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home