The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Misc. Eating from Wednesday, June 7th - en route to and in LA! (Part 1)

So Wednesday morning I woke up wicked hung-over from the previous evening's open bar fundraiser. I slept through my alarm, of course, so then had to run out to the laundry mat to pick up my laundry, then to the diner to pick up an egg white, turkey and Swiss sandwich, and THEN back home so I could pack. While I was waiting for the A to JFK at Jay Street - Borough Hall, I purchased and subsequently slammed a fruit punch flavored Gatorade. En route to LAX, Delta was nice enough to give me two snacks (some sort of fakey spreadable smoked Gouda and crackers and then a bag of Ruffles potato chips), a gingerale and two bottles of water, which I desperately needed as I was quite dehydrated from the night before. During and between in-flight snacks, I was lucky enough to catch Mussina's near perfect game against the Red Sux from September 2, 2001, and a Don Shula bio on ESPN Classic. Both gave me sport emotions.

Upon arrival at LAX, I went to the ladies room and noticed that I had a SERIOUS fruit punch mustache. Cool. I went through security at JFK, sat on a plane for 5 hours and talked to like 3 flight attendants, all the while with a freaking fruit punch mustache! After I washed off my bright red mustache, I realized that I was absolutely starving, so on my way from LAX to Mr. and Mrs. Dickshack's house, I stopped at the local Fat Burger (corner of Vermont Ave. and Hollywood Blvd., LA) for a Fat Burger with everything (tomatoes, lettuce, onions, pickles, relish, mayo, mustard and cheese) with Fat fries, as opposed to "Skinny" fries, and a Coca-Cola. Fat Burger was AWESOME. In my next entry I will do a compare and contrast with the famed In-N-Out Burger!

Now I'm off for some more World Cup fever. Down with the Swedes and GO TRINNIES!

5 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

Gator-stache is making me bust a gut right now. I had some fake gouda spread on my flight too, along with some ruffless. But I did not have any of the raisins that came with the goud. Bleeech.

Is there really such a thing as "skinny" fries on the menu at Fatburger?

June 21, 2006 12:16 AM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Also, why did they give us that weird granola? I actually DO like granola, but in yogurt (sp?) or something. Not by itself!

Yeah, FB totally has Fat fries AND Skinny fries. I had both on this last trip. I was surprised to find that I preferred the Skinny to the Fatties.

June 21, 2006 6:33 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

You got granola? I got little bagel chip thingys.

June 22, 2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Dude! You got bagel chips? I'm SO jealadore! I got dry granola, fakey g spread, crackers and some other thing that I wasn't feeling. DEFINITELY not bagel chips.

June 23, 2006 4:02 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

they weren't really bagel chips - they were like these little sourdough crackers. like little mini toasts. instead of granola i got raisins, oh and a walker's shortbread cookie.

June 25, 2006 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home