The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Tonight's Dinner

Burp! Tonight I had the best kind of take-out - the homemade kind! DMR and some colleagues went to visit Ms. Dee out in Bay Ridge after work. He came home with a big plate of rice, beans and chicken for me. There was also a now What a nice husband! I was literally ironing to prepare for my trip tomorrow for the past couple hours so this was a great treat for me 1) because I didn't have to think about where dinner was coming from and 2) it was delicious! The beans were of the kidney variety and cooked down with peppers, spices and smoked ham. The chicken was soft and falling off the bone (I had a drumstick and a piece of thigh - or was it a piece of breast, I can't remember). Now a meal like this is just begging for the hot sauce to come out and I complied with liberal shakes of Texas Pete. You can't have rice and beans without hot sauce. I love to not have to think about dinner. I love rice and beans. I love r&bs with tons of hot sauce. It must be so nice to have someone cook for you.

p.s. Hang in there Ms. Dee!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked it.
theres more where that came from:)

June 06, 2006 12:25 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

C'mon Youthlarge, I know you're eating out there! Chicken and waffles at Roscoe's maybe? Dan Tana's?

Looky, I found the OPPOSITE of your blog:

http://www.angryman.ca/monkey.html

June 08, 2006 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home