The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Misc. Eating from Wednesday, June 7th - en route to and in LA! (Part 2)

Dodger Stadium with Youthlarge, Chris and Julie (aka Mr. and Mrs. Dickshack).

We already had plans to go to the Raconteurs show at the Henry Fonda that night at 10P (thanks Youthlarge!), but we still wanted to squeeze in a few innings of the Mets / Dodgers game beforehand (Mets won 9-7). I got to see the smolderingly hot Michael Vartan (of Alias fame) on the jumbotron. He was sporting a Mets cap and looking quite delightful in it. I ate an all beef Dodger dog with some cheese from Youthlarge's nachos and a Miller Lite. I thought turning my Dodger dog into a cheese dog was a stroke of pure genius, but as usual, the reality fell short of my expectations. The cheese whiz type product had some sort of fake jalapeno flavoring in it, which made it taste like burnt microwaved plastic to me, or rather, what I imagine burnt microwaved plastic would taste like as I haven't actually ever tried eating it. Blech.

On the way to Youthlarge's hotel from the Raconteurs show, where we saw a very bloated Val Kilmer and his tartlette du jour, we decided to go through the drive-thru of an In-N-Out Burger. This place had been seriously talked up to me by a bunch of Angelinos, so suffice it to say, I was pretty psyched to finally try the famed In-N-Out Burger. I ordered the cheeseburger 'Animal Style', which means the burger is fried in mustard and served on a bun with pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, extra spread and grilled onions (this is according to Wikipedia, I actually thought the onions were fried though). I found the burger to be pretty tasty, but was disappointed by the small size of the patty and started to feel nostalgic for the Fat Burger I had consumed earlier that day. I should have listened to my friend Cram and gotten the Double-Double. No, actually, next time I'm getting the 4 x 3, which according to the m (meat) x c (cheese) formula, would be 4 meat patties with 3 slices of cheese. I don't know if I buy it, but apparently In-N-Out once made a 100 x 100! To be honest, I'm not sure if I love the idea of a 100 x 100 SO much that I want to marry it, or if I just want to barf.

2 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

i totally forgot about the Vartan sighting via jumbotron. what a bonus! also the cheez was from my wetzel's pretzel, not nachos. i'm still sore from the $800 beers.

June 25, 2006 12:22 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Ha! I forgot about Mr. Kilmer's clogs!

June 26, 2006 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home