The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Tuesday's Dinner: Vive la France!

In honor of the Frenchie victory over Spain, I invited Newell and Sus to join me for dinner at Les Enfants Terribles (Canal and Ludlow, LES/C-Town, NYC). This was my second visit to LET this week as one of my favorite summertime activities is sitting outdoors and drinking pastis. I love the cloudy anise-y goodness of a nice cold glass of pastis. I'd be hard pressed to find another drink that's more refreshing, or that causes me to sit around, daydreaming about living in Provence with my young Frenchie-Tunisian wife, who dutifully refreshes my pastis as I sit on the deck contemplating how wonderfully my life has turned out. And I'm not even a gay!

After ordering three Ricards, we decided to start with the Trois Senteurs Salad, which was three flavored goat cheese toasts served with frisee. The goat cheese was creamy and delicious and had nice thin slices of cucumber framing it. Very refreshing and perfect for the season. The frisee was saturated with some sort of overly sweet dressing, so I avoided it altogether. For dinner I had the Korhogofefemougou, which was simply grilled steak in a marinade of special spices from Cote d'Ivoire (bar none the best team in the World Cup to not advance to the Round of 16), served with fried kasava and salad. Instead of the fried kasava I opted to have french fries. The french fries at LET are divine. Sus got some yummy fish dish called Bozo-Bozo! Newell rocked the Casbah with some leg of lamb.

So anyway, I'm hoping for a Germany vs. France final on July 9th - June 6th style. Blesse mon coeur d'une langueur monotone...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I know that fanatasy ...

July 05, 2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Well, I guess we'll just have to settle for playing the other WWII euro bad guys.

July 05, 2006 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home