The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Monday Night's Dinners

Jeallado (East 4th between 1st and 2nd, East Ville, NYC) with Abbey.

I was planning on going to Pioneer Bar-BQ in Red Hook for Kaci's birthday (Happy Birthday Kaci!), but logistically it just wasn't working out. Plus, my friend Abbey is in town from the land of the hanging chads and she wanted to take me out for a belated birthday dinner. Even though this place reminds us of a barn and has horrendous service, we decided to go there because for some unknown reason, I absolutely love it. Wait, I know why I love it. I love it because they have these special rolls with delicious crabmeat filling in the middle. AND the sashimi is really fresh and tasty and has never once worked me over, it just takes FOREVER to show up at my table. Per usual when patronizing this establishment, I ate the following:


Sashimi Combo A - Tuna, yellowtail, salmon and white fish served with miso soup, sunomono app. and rice.
Lily Special Roll - Tuna and whitefish over some yummy real crabmeat filling.
Sara Special Roll - Salmon and yellowtail over the same yummy real crabmeat filling.

En route to dinner, I got an SMS from Papper indicating that he would be having tapas at Xunta (1st Avenue between 10th and 11th, East Ville, NYC). So, after I was done with sushi, I decided to stroll over to Xunta for some sangria and maybe a little snackie. When I got there, I decided that I was not in the mood to drink at all, but did want to have some tapas, despite having just come from dinner. I told Papper et al that I was going to order something, but then Papper, with a great sense of urgency, told me that the kitchen was closing and that I should order a bunch of stuff for the table, so here's what I got:

Tortilla Galega - Galician omelette with Spanish sausage (a true tapas staple)
Patacas Bravas - Spicy potatoes (crispy and delicious)
Camarones a Plancha con Bacon - Grilled shrimp wrapped in bacon (this is my dream)

As it turned out, no one else was really hungry for a second round of tapas, so I ended up having to eat the three aforementioned dishes all by lonesome, save for one shrimp eaten by Zach and three crispy potatoes eaten by Papper! Suffice it to say, I felt really gross and stuffed, which seems to be the status quo.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hanging chads 4 eva.

July 29, 2006 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home