The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What I'm Eating Right Now and A Breakfast Bust

Finishing off some crinkle cut fries from the Shake Shack. The cheeseburger is already gone and it was juicy and delicious. I meant to get a Shack Burger, but I forgot what it was called so I was a little surprised when I got my burger. My mistake.
Co-worker Johnny Lips picked up some shake shackens for me, most likely because he still feels guilty about the mean email prank he pulled. He sent around one of those "Every time you masterbate" images to the office wherein he forged my signature and also the entire email contents! He also signed off as "SJR" which should tip any and all to what a fake it was. Still people came up to me thinking I had sent it! Anyway, I still have some fries left and they are still crispy which is pretty remarkable considering our office is about 6 blocks from the Shack and also I'm a slow eater sometimes.

Also I want to tell everyone about NY City Bagels on 6th Avenue and 17th street. I got a plain bagel with veggie cream cheese this morning and it cost $2.75! WTF? At most it should cost $1.75. I was really appalled. I guess all the water leaking from the ceiling into buckets should have tipped me off to the fact that this place is bogus! That was some downpour this morning. I don't know if it's still raining since I am very far from a window.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Bagels give me headaches. As a result, I only like to eat bialies. Is that even how one would pluralize bialy? I've never really given it any thought before.

May 16, 2006 3:16 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

i love bialys. but from kossars. the other day i bought some from whole foods and they were way too fluffy and sweet.

May 16, 2006 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home