The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Today's Lunch

Walker's (Varick and North Moore, NYC) with Lori, a former colleague. Walker's is one of my favorite places to eat in the City. Awesome brunch and a solid, relatively inexpensive dinner. It's also right across the street from the firehouse featured in Ghostbusters, which is nice. I had a cup of beef vegetable soup, followed by the chopped Cobb salad (with grilled chicken, bacon, bleu cheese, egg, tomato and cucumber). I don't actually like cucumbers, except the occasional slice in a glass of water, or tomatoes, so I said - no tomatoes or cucumbers, please.

Lori treated since I am newly unemployed. I had a feeling she would treat me, so en route to Walker's I stopped at Mei Lai Wah (Bayard between Mott and Elizabeth, C-Town, NYC) to pick up a dozen baked roast pork buns as preemptive reciprocation. She loves them and was very appreciative.




Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

go lori! go pork buns! go chopped salad. i like to put cucmber slices over my eyes!

May 12, 2006 3:33 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Right now I'm thinking of Emily Gilmore for SO MANY reasons. Are you?

May 12, 2006 3:50 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

was it because of the cucumber slices?

May 12, 2006 4:22 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

YES.

May 12, 2006 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home