The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Last Night's Dinner

Went on a TOTAL rum bender. I seem to recollect a lot of Van Hagar being played. Listen. I know there are a lot of reactionaries out there who absolutely HATE Van Hagar, but WTF? I love Hot for Teacher just as much as the next guy, but Dreams seriously makes me want to get up out of my chair and punch the sky! Anyway, over the course of the bender I consumed the following:

Dinner - First Wave
On Monday night Sudmann brought home some succulent Niman Ranch beef prepared in a tomato relish for me. He works at a catering company, so has access to a lot of deliciousness. He also brought me a current issue of Gourmet magazine. Mid-bender, I remembered that the tasty beef was in the refrigerator, so I heated it up and ate it. I'm not exactly sure what cut it was, but I thought it tasted like sliced ribeye. Thank you Sudmann - you are an ANGEL.

Dinner - Second Wave
Got super hungry again around 1:30 AM. Fortunately, the aforementioned Angel was also hungry, so went to pick up some food for us at Great Neck (really Great NY Noodletown, Bowery and Bayard, C-Town, NYC). I called in the order. We got one Salt Baked Combo (shrimp, scallops, squid and flounder) and one order of Roast Duck Lo Mai Fun. Just what I needed.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

man you were a dinneraholic last night!

May 11, 2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Yeah girl! TWO dinners.

May 11, 2006 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll thank you not to take the name of my hometown in vain.

May 12, 2006 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home