The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Monday, May 08, 2006

The Weekend in Review

The weather this weekend was beautiful. Too bad I felt so lousy. My allergies have been 100x worse than they have ever been and I have terrible allergies to begin with. But when it comes to eating, not even the pollen count is going to stand in my way. The weekend in review:

Saturday:
Morning snack: bacon
Brunch: Smoked salmon platter at Stone Park Cafe. I usually do not stray from the omelet, but the morning's bacon had me in the mood for a something a little crisper and lighter. My sesame bagel was accompanied with a small ramekin of cream cheese as well as a plate of 4-5 slices of salmon which was garnished with tiny cubes of what seemed to be preserved citrus fruit. Not quite sure what exactly. Next to the fish were little mounds of horseradish cream, capers, shredded egg whites, chopped egg yolk and diced red onion. I had delicious combo bite after combo bite.
Late Afternoon Snack: I came up empty with my Derby picks, but my belly came up full! Balgavy treated us to pies from Lenny's with his winnings. I had two slices. I also had one mint julep and a Miller High Life. The winds picked up and my allergies decided to punish me so I cut out early.
Late Dinner: At Maria's Mexican Bistro, my suffering continued. Coupled with Maria's insanely slow service, I thought I was going to pass out. I swear I thought I wasn't hungry, but I had 2 mini chicken quesadillas, one of DMR's cheese enchiladas, a piece of the CLC's sizzling steak in a stone pot, and some chips and guacamole.

Sunday
Baby-sat Princess the Chihuahua for most of the day. Off we went to a shower at Mary Larry's for bride-to-be Anne. Drank numerous Kir Royales and ate some tasty quiche, granola with yogurt and fruit, oven roasted potatoes, breakfast links and a prosciutto and provolone stuffed pepper. Princess kept eating Bonnie's cat food and wound up barfing on my lap. I will say it was a very tidy barf that cleaned up very well. Again had to cut out early due to my condition. Stopped by the Gate to extend birthday wishes and then passed out on the couch with Princess. Woke up a little later to give Princess back to her mom and then passed out some more. Woke up and it was dark and I was disoriented. DMR brought home dinner from the Chip Shop - a kid's chicken tikka masala for him and a kid's Shepherd's pie for me - which we ate while watching the Sopranos.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

The sizzling steak and shrimp I ate was grand! Mr. Katimski was marvelous too!

May 09, 2006 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home