The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Last Night's Snack Attack

My good friend Donovan's mother passed away yesterday, so a bunch of us went over to the Brazen Head (Atlantic between Court and basically Smith, Brooklyn) to spend time with him and to see how he was. We love you Vino; we'll see you when you get back.

After a few pints of Blue Point, I realized that I was STARVING. At that point, it was already after 1:00 AM, so I didn't have too many options. I ended up sharing a cab back to Manhattan with Sean Murphy and Chris Cram. Upon arrival in the C (that's Chinatown), I stumbled over to Great Neck (you should know what it's actually called and where it is by now) and ordered some Beef Chow Fun. When I got home, I decided that I needed to re-watch my favorite episode of Once and Again while I devoured my noodles. The Beef Chow Fun really hit the spot. I rarely get this dish nowadays because I've been so obsessed with the Roast Duck Lo Mai Fun, but I think I'm going to make amends and throw BCF back into the noodle mix.

2 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

this was after yankee stadium snackings? yowza!

May 16, 2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

No, it was the night before. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.

May 16, 2006 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home