The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Two Nights Ago's Dinner (and Drinks): Zaytoons and The Zombie Hut

I started writing this yesterday, but then never finished. So keep that in mind as you read.

Despite the downpour yesterday, we somehow got in our softball game. Things were looking good as we entered the 7th inning tied 6-6, but then we gave up 5 runs to the Zombie Hut team and lost the game 11-5. Afterwards, we went to drink at the Zombie Hut, which is a funny little bar on Smith Street, modeled after the likes of Trader Vic's and other Polynesian watering holes. I only had 2 drinks and a shot, but I somehow managed to get super drunk and wake up this morning hungover! What the hey hey hey? I got a frozen zombie which is a rum-based fruity drink that could be a cousin to a frozen margarita. It was super sweet and came with a sugared rim. For my next drink, I did it Mai Tai style. So delicious! And then both teams got a round of shots from the bar and that really took me over the top. I picked up dinner from Zaytoons a couple doors down to bring home. Got a shawarma platter with hummus and a falafel sandwich to share with DMR. Way too much food! As the night progressed I kept getting drunker even though I had stopped drinking. I don't know what was going on.

Now I've run out of steam and have nothing more to say.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

Not to pad my own comments, but one thing I really liked about their falafel was the inclusion of pickles. Good stuff!

May 20, 2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

What the hey hey hey is making me laugh. So is doing it Mai Tai style. Ha.

May 20, 2006 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home