The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Today's Lunch

Today for lunch I ordered an egg white omelette with turkey and Swiss from my local diner, Everest (Chatham Square, C-Town, NYC). Just before hanging up, I blurted out that I wanted a side of bacon. The guy taking my order, I believe it was Teddy, the owner, was like "what?" and I had to repeat that I wanted a side of bacon. I was sort of embarrassed about the exchange, but have since bounced back. I REALLY wanted the side of bacon in order to increase my combo-bite options. I made combo-bites galore! Some were bacon, turkey and Swiss omelette AND homefries all piled onto my fork, some were just the omelette mixed with crispy bacon bits and some were little bacon 'chips' used for scooping up homefry 'dip'. Combo-bites = Life.

En route to Everest I stopped at one of those classic C-Town places that is half deli, half dried shrimp and mushroom emporium. My roommate Sudmann and I simply call it 'Dried Shrimp'. So I ducked into Dried Shrimp to pick up some cigs and some sort of Asiany iced tea. I ended up getting the Iced Oolong Tea w/ no sugar. Not sure of the brand, but it was imported by Well Luck Co., Inc. of Jersey City, NJ. You might also be interested to know that it is a product of Taiwan. I got a pack of Parliament Lights as well AND I got carded. I am going to be THIRTY next month and I still get carded every second. The Chinese lady who carded me looked super stern and exactly like my ex-best friend Lissa Bollettino's mother. Except LB's mother was a whitey. Discovering cross-racial stunt doubles always makes me crack up. A lot.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

park slope is in dire need of a good diner. i envy you, CLC, i really do!

May 17, 2006 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home