The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Misc. Eating from Yesterday

Ubuntu Education Fund Office (32 Broadway, NYC)

My new employment status has afforded me more time to put toward my altruistic endeavors, so I've committed to volunteer in the Ubuntu office twice a week until I find a new job. Right now I'm auditing a bunch of their files. Oh, which reminds me, I'm walking in the AIDS Walk this Sunday in support of Ubuntu and would really like to raise at least $205 so I can break $1000 for the second year in a row. Here's a link (sort of) if you would like to donate to me:

http://aidswalknewyork2006.kintera.org/bethm

So, while I was there, Jake, Kym, Lara, Gabby (sp?) and I all ordered individual pizzas from the Amish Market (17 Battery Park Place, NYC). Mine had sausage on it. I really like the Amish Market chain. They are not that expensive for the quality AND they have delicious fresh roasted cold cuts. I like the herb roasted turkey.

Sequoia (Pier 17, South Street Seaport, NYC) - Ubuntu Pre-AIDS Walk Happy Hour

1 Frozen Lime Margarita - Holy acid reflux!
1 order of fried calamari - Shared with Sus. Too greasy and made our stomachs feel funny.
2 pints of Stella - Always hits the spot.

Great Neck (Great NY Noodletown, Bowery and Bayard, C-Town, NYC)

Ate at Great Neck AGAIN with Sus, Newell and Tim Bergstrom, who had just flown into NYC from Joburg, South Africa (sorry Newell, I know you hate the inclusion of the country next to the name of an unmistakable city - like, Berlin, Germany). Here's what we ate:

Roast Pork Wonton Noodle soup
Fried Duck Rolls
Three Jewels - Soy Sauce Chicken, Roast Pork, Roast Duck, served w/ yummy scalliony sauce
Beef w/ Chinese Broccoli over fried rice - The fried rice is an extra dollar, but it's worth it to me because I don't like regular rice.
Sauteed Baby Bok Choy
Soy Sauce Noodles w/ Marinated Pork - My first time eating this dish, despite several million visits to this establishment. I loved it.

Including a generous tip, the bill came out to be $50. That's $12.50 a head. WTF? How does the C-Man do it? I've lived in the C for close to four years now and I am still amazed by how inexpensive yet delicious it is. EVERY TIME.

4 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

is great neck noodletown hiring? soy sauce noodles with marinated pork sounds fantastic.

May 19, 2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Not only does it sound fantastic, but it TASTES fantastic too!

May 19, 2006 5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, he took the train from Washington, D.C., United States of America. Looking forward to walking off those noodles on Sunday.

May 19, 2006 6:23 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

But I thought he LIVED in Joburg! I'm confused.

May 19, 2006 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home