The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Bacon-O-Meter

Number of strips: 3
Comments: I woke up yesterday with a cold and came home from work early. Didn't have much of an appetite but figured I should eat something. So for dinner, I cooked up some spaghetti and tossed it with butter, black pepper, parmigiano reggiano and two pieces of Applegate Farms Organic Sunday Bacon which I had broiled in the toaster over and then crumbled up.

I can't say I'm the biggest fan of this bacon. It lacks that definite wood smoked flavor, despite touting "applewood smoked" on the package. The bacon was left over from Sunday's pick-n-climb food preperations. At the pick and climb, I had a bacon-wrapped oyster which the CLC made, as well as some swiss-bacon dip, which I brought to the party. I figure there's a full strip between the two.

Total count from April 26, 2006: 66.75*
*this number is off by like at least 15, because I forgot to update a couple times. I also sometimes forget I'm eating bacon when it's on a burger.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Listmaker said...

i had a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich this morning from starbucks. really really good. and only 3 bucks.

December 22, 2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

you did? there was discussion about these on serious eats recently. i'm willing to try - i mean it can't be any weirder/grosser than dunkin donuts egg sandwiches.

December 22, 2006 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home