The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Brunch at Great Jones

Great Jones has upgraded their brunch menu since my last visit. Not the contents which need not to be touched, but the physical menu, which now features Andouille Man much more prominently. DMR and I hit up the Jones for some Memorial Day Weekend brunch before heading over to the Sunshine to catch Once (a word of advice, if you have the chance to do the same, DON'T). We both went with our standards: huevos rancheros with potatoes and cornbread for him, Crescent City smothered eggs with grits for me. And of course my favorite bloody mary in all of New York, made by Pavement's Mark Ibold who was manning the bar that day.

My plate was overflowing with biscuit halves drowned in an orange gravy generously (more so than usual) dotted with chunks of salty ham and andouille. I don't know if it was the heat or what but neither Dan nor I could finish our food. It was a very weak showing. I can't believe I left nearly half my food on the plate. I wish I had the leftovers to eat right now! Maybe this year I'll finally attend their anniversary party.

Mets win! Mets win!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Seriously - the best bloodies. I wanna go for dinner soon and hit some shaggy action!

June 04, 2007 9:36 AM  
Blogger Miss Spellings said...

Wait, did you hate Once...? Say it isn't so!! (I'm listening to the soundtrack right now.)

June 04, 2007 12:55 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

CLC - let's get wings, salads and shaggys soon at the J!

CKNY - don't hate me, but i did! it's because i went with completely incorrect expectations, which was that it'd be a musical for the belle and sebastian set. i don't really consider a movie like this a musical. i want dancing in the streets. once felt more like a frames EPK and i'm not much of a fan.

June 04, 2007 1:14 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Youtheee - Let's do it this week!

Carrie - Hi Carrie!

June 04, 2007 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home