The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Tonight's Dinner

Momofuku (1st Avenue between 10th and 11th, East Ville, NYC) with Youthlarge. Y to the L has already posted about this place, so I won't go into too much detail. I'd link you, but I'm still not really sure how. Maybe I'll try to learn how tomorrow.......

1 order of steamed buns with chicken - Outside is all fluffy deliciousness, inside is all crispy and crunchy (cucumber slices) goodness. On my next visit, I may decide to just eat different types of steamed buns and bypass the noodles altogether. These were the highlight of the meal for me.

Momofuku Ramen (Berkshire pork combo with poached egg) - This gigantic noodle soup was pretty tasty, but they had the air conditioning up way too high, so Youthlarge's and my noodles were practically frozen just a couple bites in! The different bits of shredded pork were glorious though, as was the poached egg.

To drink I had a Hitachino Nest Weizen. Being a total Germanophile, I sort of had my doubts about a Japanese Heffe-Weisse, but this one was ok. It certainly was no Franziskaner though.

While the food at Momofuku was delicious, my stomach still felt really funny afterward. YL and I strolled down to the Magician (Rivington and Essex, LES, NYC) for a couple of Bushmills and sodas. These helped to settle my stomach immensely. Thanks YL!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

i could eat those steamed chicken buns all day. next time i will try their kimchi stew and compare it to mi madre's and also as close to the back of the house as possible as to avoid frozen noodles.

May 25, 2006 4:22 PM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Yes, I agree, straight to the back of the house. Next time I will eat buns galore and oysters I think.

May 25, 2006 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home